Most nationalities do not require a visa to enter Mexico if you are coming for less than 180 days. You can start your immigration process on arrival in Xalapa, Veracruz, at UV’s International Office. Some nationalities must organize their student visa before travelling at their nearest Mexican Embassy or Consulate. For a list of countries consult:

Our staff will assist you through the immigration process at the local Immigration Office in Xalapa, Veracruz, Coatzacoalcos, Tuxpan or Orizaba (depending on the campus you are attending).

If you are staying for more than 180 days, you must apply for your visa at the Mexican Embassy or Consulate in your home country before arriving. We will provide you with the letter of invitation you require for this process.

contacto1Directory:Coordination of Programs and Services